Thursday, 3 September 2015

Stacking the Shelves/Summer Book Haul

I'd seen this meme around for a while, but never had sufficient cause (aka sufficient influx of books) to join up. But! This summer, I seemed to end up with quite a few new books in my possession, so I thought I'd share them!


Top to bottom:
Soulless by Gail Carriger 
-thrift store find! I'd heard about it, and added it to my Goodread tbr list, so I thought, "why not?"

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
-secondhand bookstore find! I'd gotten some Artemis Fowl books from the library before and really liked them, so I was happy to get the first one for myself.

Eona by Alison Goodman
-ok, technically I got this in the spring, but I was already on "summer vacation," soo....it counts. 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
-secondhand bookstore find #2! Another book I'd heard a lot about and added to my Goodread tbr list. 

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
-thrift store find #2! I'd never read it or seen the movie, but I'd heard that it was sad, and who doesn't want to be emotionally scarred by books?

Rachel: Beloved of God by Agnus Scott Kent
-a just-because gift from my aunt.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
-secondhand bookstore find #3, although this one I didn't get for me. My mom loves the Harry Potter books, and we're slowly accumulating all of them for her. Only Half-Blood Prince left!

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters
-haha, another thrift store find. My mom and I saw it and laughed, so we picked it up. Why not, right?

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
-THRIFT STORE FIND! (are you sensing a pattern?) we have Inkheart, and so of course we needed the other one. Plus, its so PRETTY. 

The Reckoning by MaryLu Tyndall
-I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS BOOK, YOU GUYS! I just got it for my birthday (and by the time this post goes up, I maaaayy have read it already).

Chibis, Mascots, and More: Christopher Hart's Draw Manga Now! by Christopher Hart
-bought this at a craft store. I'm not THAT into manga, but chibis are fun, and are way easier to draw than....almost anything else. X)

Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest and Coloring Book by Johanna Basford

-another gift from my birthday! ITS A COLORING BOOK FOR ADULTS, PEOPLE!! ITS PROBABLY THE BEST INVENTION EVER!

There was also this:


Which I bought at a farmer's market, in a stall that sold all kinds of old comic books/magazine covers/what have you. It's some sort of quarterly published in and around 1977 that has....stuff...and things....about the Sherlock Holmes stories. I haven't really looked at it that much, so I can't really explain it. It's cool, though. :)


12 comments:

  1. Great haul. I usually do a weekly post - what does that say about me? I am really starting to collect some adult coloring books as well. Cinder was great - hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I WISH I got enough books to do a weekly book haul! X) Thanks for dropping by!!

      Delete
  2. CINDER! That is one of the best series of ever. I hope you like it! (Actually, I rather think it is inevitable that you will, who wouldn't?!) *hint* You should read that one next!

    Oo, that last one looks particularly intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL duly noted! I probably will read that one next. ;)

      Hehe I can't really say anything more about it, because so far I just have it hanging up as a decorative thing. I'll have to look at it in-depth later, maybe even make a post about it.

      Delete
  3. That is quite the stack, *Drools over Sherlock thing*
    Inkspell is a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I don't know if I've ever read Inkheart all the way through, so I'll have to read them both!

      Delete
  4. OH OH OH OH OH OH OH CINDER AND ARTEMIS FOWL AND SENSE AND SENSIBILITY AND SEA MONSTERS? YOU HAD AN AWESOME HAUL! I really hope you love all the books you have hauled in, and I am especially curious to hear if you liked Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, because I adored Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So, I'm all for catching up on your thoughts sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artemis Fowl is such a great book/series. X) I just finished reading the first one for the second time. I'll have to get the other books for my collection at some point.
      I'll have to try it! Maybe I'll do a book-review-type post afterwards, and we can discuss it's wins and fails. X)

      Delete
  5. You cleaned up at the thrift stores! I'm proud, haha. I only wish I could have snatched up that copy of Cinder...errr I mean I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. X) Hey, we should go thrifting again sometime. Pick up more books. ;D And LOL thaaaaaanks. ;)

      Delete
  6. Awesome! I have an almost physically painful longing to reread the Inkworld trilogy. I, too, got a gorgeous hardback Inkspell -- the books are all sooo pretty -- in a charity shop for 50p!! It's never been read! I'm so excited to reread :')

    Cinder looks amazing -- it's on my TBR -- and obviously Harry is the best thing ever, period. I love how you and your mum buy books together (and how she loves Harry! Tell her I say ME TOO!) ... I'm the only book collector, charity shop addict in my family. I walk alone! XD

    PS I too just posted a summer haul .... they're so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read the Inkspell trilogy before, actually. I'll definitely have to get around to it!

      Yeah, Cinder looks really cool, so I had to snatch it up! And haha ok! I'll tell her. ;D Poor Emily, going to secondhand stores all alone! Take my friendship with you whenever you go. XD

      hehe I'll have to check it out! :D

      Delete