Sunday, 20 September 2015

One Year


Happy one year anniversary to my blog! This is most definitely the longest I've ever run with a blog before. Yay me! My own blog, that is. I co-authored a blog with my two best friends a few years ago. But we won't talk about that . . . . o.0

Lots of things have happened this past year. Most were good, but one was heartbreaking. A longtime friend of mine was killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of months ago. Hearing the news the morning after it happened was the most shocking, I-don't-believe-you, that-can't-have-happened experience I've ever had. We're thankful that he was a child of God, and is safe in God's arms, but that's about all the thanks anyone can muster right now.

However, not everything in the past year has been so hard, or (for his family, closest friends, and fiance) life-altering. Though it feels small and almost selfish to list them, the past year has also brought:
  • The finish of my first year of college
  • The start of my second year of college
  • My resignation from my first job (to focus on college)
  • The start of a new job search (now that I'm more used to college)
  • My first year helping at a local kid's club
  • The arrival of a little second-cousin (my cousin's son)
  • The passing of driver training
  • The earning of my driver's license
  • A trip to see a One Direction concert with my bff
  • The wedding of a family friend
  • My 20th birthday
  • Helping at our annual summer day camp
  • 24 new blog followers
And other good things I can't remember right now. 

Well, here's to another year of blogging, another year of school, and another year of life. No one knows what the future may bring, but I know God has a plan, and He'll be right there, every step of the way.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats! One year is huge. I am so sorry about your loss, that must have be so hard. Looks like you had a successful year though, I still need to get my license.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know you can do it (get your license, I mean)! :D And thank you, again. Yes, it was difficult to wrap my mind around, but not nearly as hard for me as it was for the people closest to him.

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogoversary!!!! :D *shoots out confetti* I absolutely adore your blog. Your humor and wit makes me laugh every single time. I look forward to yet another year of all your awesome blogging!

    I can't tell you how sorry I am about your loss. I honestly can't imagine how hard that must have been. *many hugs* I hope this year is a much better one for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine!! :D I'll do my best to deliver. ;)

      I still can't believe it sometimes. He wasn't a part of my everyday life, so sometimes it still seems like he'll be at church or wherever the next time I go, but he's not. Still, it's not as painful for me as it is for people who saw him more frequently, and loved him more deeply.

      Thank you! I hope it will be, as well. ^.^

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your friend; that must have been terrible. :( Still, I'm glad you've made it to one year with your blog, and thank you for sharing those big memories with us! They're all important. :) Here's to another year of great blogging and great events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was shocking, to say the least. But thank you for your support and encouragement! :) <3

      Delete
  4. That last sentence, girl...amen. I'm so sorry that you had to go through so much pain this past year. But, as you know, there is a purpose for everything and God is so in control. You've accomplished so much, God's gotten you so far...be proud of yourself!

    Congratulations on one year!! Looking forward to journeying with you for many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you<3 Knowing that he's with God now, and we'll see him again, is definitely a comfort.

      I'm looking forward to it, as well! :D

      Delete
  5. *slinks back in* Hey, hey! I just wanted to let you know I tagged you for the Bookshelf Tag: http://musingsofanelf.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-bookshelf-tag.html

    NO pressure to do it at all! Only if you want. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! :D I saw that tag recently, and definitely wanted to try it. WOOT!

      Delete
  6. This is so amazing! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it for a whole year!

    P.S. I totally just saw this post now. I know best. friend. ever. haha:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAAAAANKS! ^.^ and lol np, np. XD

      Delete