Happy one year anniversary to my blog! This is most definitely the longest I've ever run with a blog before. Yay me! My own blog, that is. I co-authored a blog with my two best friends a few years ago. But we won't talk about that . . . . o.0
Lots of things have happened this past year. Most were good, but one was heartbreaking. A longtime friend of mine was killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of months ago. Hearing the news the morning after it happened was the most shocking, I-don't-believe-you, that-can't-have-happened experience I've ever had. We're thankful that he was a child of God, and is safe in God's arms, but that's about all the thanks anyone can muster right now.
However, not everything in the past year has been so hard, or (for his family, closest friends, and fiance) life-altering. Though it feels small and almost selfish to list them, the past year has also brought:
- The finish of my first year of college
- The start of my second year of college
- My resignation from my first job (to focus on college)
- The start of a new job search (now that I'm more used to college)
- My first year helping at a local kid's club
- The arrival of a little second-cousin (my cousin's son)
- The passing of driver training
- The earning of my driver's license
- A trip to see a One Direction concert with my bff
- The wedding of a family friend
- My 20th birthday
- Helping at our annual summer day camp
- 24 new blog followers
And other good things I can't remember right now.
Well, here's to another year of blogging, another year of school, and another year of life. No one knows what the future may bring, but I know God has a plan, and He'll be right there, every step of the way.