Friday, 3 July 2015

The Liebster Award

Thank you to the ever-classy Adriana Gabrielle for nominating me for the Liebster Award!! Ugh, these things are so fun. ^.^

THE RULES!
1.) Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog. 
2.) Answer the questions given you by said person. 
3.) Choose eleven questions of your own. 
4.) Nominate eleven more people! 

And so, the questions!

~*~*~*~*~*~

1. What is one of your funniest childhood memories?
*totally, utterly blanks* Um, you may have to ask my parents about that one. I can't remember! XD

2. What would you say is one of your hidden talents? (Won’t be hidden for much longer. Mwahahaa)
Talents? Hidden talents? Oh geez, I don't know! 0.o
Umm......well, they're not hidden, but sometimes I utilize my organizational talent and my drawing "talent" for my church's benefit...........and that's all I can think of! XD

3. What is your ideal vacation? (Location? What would you do?)
Scotland, England, Ireland. (lol Sorry, Wales. But I don't even know what's IN you.) I've gone to Scotland once before, and I really really want to go again. My grandma was Scottish, so I'm emotionally attached to that country. AND LOCH NESS YOU GUYS I WANNA GO THERE AND GET TOURISTY NESSIE MERCH AND PRETEND THAT I SAW HER. And Ireland is just GORGEOUS, and I don't mind the rain. ;) And what visit to Britain would be complete without going to London, England? I'd run around and be all touristy and people would look at me with disgust. XD

4. I demand a #Shelfie! (Picture of your book shelf/shelves in case you don’t know what it is?)


Sorry for the less-than-stellar quality, ipod camera + night + bad room lighting = crap. But! You can still kinda see what it looks like.

5. What is one thing you want to do or have done that will/has surprised everyone?
Umm....I feel like there must be something.....QUICK SUNNY LIZZY WHAT HAVE I DONE THAT'S SURPRISING??

6. Favourite color! Go!
RED!!!

7. Do you have a favourite notebook/journal? What is the contents of this journal/notebook?
I LOVE NOTEBOOKS I LOVE ALL NOTEBOOKS I HAVE MANY and yet I rarely write in them. It's like some sort of weird psychological thing, where I'm afraid to waste a pretty notebook on less-than-worthy words. But! Here are my faves and their contents:


Red: a few travel-ish entries: will be used as a journal on all future travels.
Plaid: nothing! Used to have some writing stuff in it, but that was removed and put elsewhere.
Polka dots: school stuff (boring! lol)
Purple butterflies: anything and everything, equaling mostly nothing.
Brown "R": nothing! It's new!
NESSIE(<3): it's a tear-away notepad FROM SCOTLAND!! I've only used a few of it's pages. 
Paris: nothing! Sunny got this for me once, and I like it too much to use it! (whoops!) Someday, though. ;D
Butterflies: oldish (not old enough!) MORTIFYING journal entries. Ugh, someone, anyone, light a match. XD


8. Who is the author you most want to meet? or have you already met them? (If you have tell us about it!)
I actually don't crave a meeting with any authors....! Hmm, I wonder why? Anyway, I'm content. ^.^

9. People watching! (Admit it, writers, you do this.) What are your techniques to appear less stalker-ish while people watching?
IF I choose to take a break from being a bedroom hermit, then I may casually watch the people around me. I keep from looking like a stalker by frequently zoning out to imagine what kind of story they would fit into, or by returning to whatever I was doing before and totally forgetting about them. XD

10. What is your favourite movie/TV show right now? Why?
OMG TV SHOWS I LOVE TV SHOWS I MADE YOU A CHART OF SOME TV SHOWS I LOVE CHARTS ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE LISTS:


Fyi, "Waiting for Next Season" means waiting for the season that just finished airing to come out on dvd. We don't get any channels, and so can't watch them when they air. SO NO SPOILERS. XD Also, you can check out aaallll my posts from the April Blogging Challenge of this year: my theme was tv shows!

11. What are some writing/blogging goals you have for this lovely year of 2015?
Hmm...actually write, I guess? XD I'm not a big goal-setter when it come to writing. I'll do it or I won't (and lately, it's been "won't"). This is probably why I've never finished a first draft; but I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Being an author isn't my life goal--writing is just a hobby--so why force myself if it isn't fun? ;D
As for blogging, I still don't have goals, but I DO have quite a lineup of posts waiting to go up! So...stay tuned for that. X)

~*~*~*~*~*~
Ok:
A) I used way too many emoticons in this post.
B) I didn't have very good answers.

Whoops! Oh well. X) (<- hey, another one.) Despite my frequent "I don't know"s, this was fun! I love answering questions. And I love posing them, so here they are, my questions for the next nominees:

1. What's the weirdest book you've ever read, and why was it so weird? (fyi--and you can delete this when you do your post--mine was Showdown by Ted Dekker. SO. BIZZARE.)
2. What are your favorite scents? You know: baking bread, that one candle you have, fresh laundry!
3. Do you have a beloved stuffed animal/doll from your childhood, what's their name, how long have you had it, and may we see a picture?
4. What's the last thing you read, and how was it?
5. What did you dream of being when you were a kid? Did you achieve it? Will you?
6. Any phobias? Like trypophobia? Trypanophobia? Acrophobia? (Google will help you, here.)
7. DIDNEY WORL!! (Disney World) Ever been?
8. Favorite memory from the past 365 days?
9. Something (or a few things!) you're reaaaally looking forward to in the next 365 days?
10.Did/do you keep a journal?
11.Would you rather sail the seas for a month, or live in a mountaintop chalet for a month? Why?

Aaaaaand the nominations!

1. Lizzy at Brokenness Aside
2. Sunny at A Splash of Ink
3. Kate at The Magic Violinist
4. Ashely at [insert title here]
5. Imogen at Gossiping With Dragons
6. Christine at Musings of an Elf
7. Tracey at Tracey Dyck
8. Heather at Sometimes I'm a Story
9. Maddie at Wonderful World of My Life
10.Ella at Once Upon a Bookish Time
11.Katie at A Writer's Faith

Have fun! Or don't. Up to you. :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! I especially like your notebooks, and I very much am waiting on the next season of Sherlock as well! Your Shelfie is beautiful as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot, Sherlock!! :D And haha, thanks!

      Also, stay tuned! you tagged me in a thing back in JANUARY and I totally forgot about it, but I found it again, and did it, and so that'll be going up in a few days. ;)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED your answers! You always make me laugh.

    You've been to SCOTLAND??? SO JELLY. I'd looove to go there, and Ireland and England and all those places as well. Definitely my top choices if I could go anywhere.

    It's always so fun seeing pictures of people's bookshelves. I don't know why, but I just love it. I guess 'cause I love ANYTHING book related. ;) *pets all your pwetty books*

    I LOVE NOTEBOOKS AS WELL. You have such pretty ones!

    And your TV chart is fantastic! XD

    Thanks for the tag, sweet girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, yay! ^.^ I love to make people laugh. :)

      Yep! My family (me, brother, dad, mom) went to Scotland for 10 days back in September of 2013. My brother actually turned 16 over there!
      We toured a bunch of castles and old houses and museums, and visited with a married couple that mom and dad actually met on facebook! It was really fun.
      Actually, if you're super interested, email me (candyiscool@live.com) and I'll send you the link to this video I made that contains all the pictures and vlogs we took/made over there. The vlogs are bad quality, but if you had a hankering to see what we did over there......you can. XD

      ANYWAY, thanks! :D I'm pretty fond of my bookshelf, as well, even though I always get jealous when I see pictures of other people's bookshelves. XD

      Lol I just wish I had more to write in them!

      Haha thanks! I do love to organize my thoughts.....XD

      No problem! I can't wait to see your answers! :D

      Delete
  3. Scotland! o.o Take me with you next time you go! Speaking of Scotland, I recently saw a hilarious 'keep calm' thingie: "I'm Scottish. I don't keep calm." XD

    Oh my goodness, I'm the same way with notebooks. I have such a weakness for them (just watch me in the notebook section of Chapters), but then I need a special reason to write in them. Beautiful covers deserve beautiful words on their pages, right? I'd love to get one of those gorgeous leather ones that looks all rustic and medievalish...but then I would want an epic quest to chronicle in it.

    Thanks for the tag! I was pleasantly surprised to see my name listed. ^_^

    (And, just curious, what did you find strange about Showdown? I mean, Dekker basically equals strange, but I'm just wondering.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SCOTLAND IS AMAZEBALLS! And LOL I love that!! XD

      Right?!?!?! The prettier the cover, the more I want to save it for something "worthy." Oo, that sounds awesome! But yes, you'd want to save it for when you go adventuring with elves and dwarves and them. XD

      No problem! :D I hope you have fun! ^.^

      (Oh, I don't know. It was just WEIRD, like nothing was fully explained? Its been a while since I read it, so I can't remember the exact details, but books that certain people could manipulate reality with, but caused them to scratch themselves bloody, and there was something to do with some sort of mucus-y slime? The were eating it? Secreting it? Both? It took them on an acid trip? That one kid was like Jesus? Everyone in town was a psycopath? I don't know. It just left me feeling strange, confused, creeped out, and unsatisfied.)

      Delete
    2. XD

      Exactly! An adventure with elves and dwarves (and hobbits) is what begs to be told in a notebook like that. XD

      (It's been a while for me too. And lol, right, there was that slimy stuff, and book stuff, and all the crazy people...Did you get around to reading the two sequels, Sinner and Saint? Those *might* explain things more. But it's been so long, I don't recall exactly. Haha, if I didn't already know about/enjoy reading Dekker, I'd look at your description there and go "Ugh, no thanks!" XD)

      Delete
    3. That's actually the reason why I read Showdown, so that I could read the next one, buuut I ended up not reading the next one anyway, since I still couldn't get over the weirdness of the first one. XD And LOL well, Dekker is kind of hit and miss with me. I loved Thr3e and Blink, The Bride Collector was pretty good, and I want to read others like Skin and his Black-White-Red (or whatever order they go in) circle. X)

      Delete
    4. XD I can understand why; not all of his books are for everybody. Three was awesome! Loved the ending. I haven't read Blink or Skin yet, and oh my goodness, The Bride Collector was creeeeepy. o.o So was Boneman's Daughters. (NOT a good bedtime story.) Black, Red, White, and Green are some of my favs. Ooh! And his newer series with Tosca Lee, the Books of Mortals, is super good. It has a dystopian/fantasy flavor. ^_^

      Delete
    5. I'll have to give bonemans daughters a try! And lol I actually have those books! I totally forgot he co-authored them. XD yeah, they were good! :D and oh yeah, almost forgot about green. Although I'd heard it wasn't what it could be, that it just made the story loop in on itself in a way that doesn't make sense? Lol idk. I'll have to read them for myself, I guess. X)

      Delete