Friday, 17 July 2015

Summer Camp Writing Prompt #4

This prompt ends today, July 17! So if you hurry, you might just have time to squeak it in! ;D ....maybe?


I... I just....yeah. Here we go.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ever since Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory exploded, the weather just hasn't been the same.

No one was hurt! Everyone was out. The factory runs itself automatically on the weekends nowadays, which . . . actually may have been a contributing factor.

Rumors abound as to how the explosion came about. They tried to make too big a batch of Everlasting Gobstoppers. The chocolate river ran too thick and gooped up the works. The Fuzzy Lifting Drinks had too much lift. Charlie's successor was a complete moron.

Regardless how it happened, the explosion caused the Wonkavision teleporter to disintevaporate the entire factory into the atmosphere, and now, well . . .

Those pink clouds? Yeah, that's not the result of a sunset. Its cotton candy, and who knows what else, trapped up there. Sometimes real clouds cover the fake ones and keep them cool. Other days, the fake clouds bear the full brunt of the sun, and drip sticky goo all over everything.

The worst is when it rains. Or maybe, the best is when it rains? Water and candy blend together to make a vaguely sticky mixture of flavored rain that you always manage to taste, even if you keep your mouth closed. The flavor changes depending on what's in the cloud over you.

Oh look, it's raining now. Let's go outside and sample it, shall we?

Hmm, three course flavored gum flavored rain today. Delightful. Except now I want pie.

Drat.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I have nothing to say. Except thank you, Wikipedia, for helping me remember what candy was in the movie. XD

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I really love this! So imaginative. Now I want to go read the Wonka books.

    This really is awesome. Now I want some candy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm such a fail book nerd: I don't think I even knew there were books! I just know the movie (and the remake). XD lol YAY!! I'm glad you liked it! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my word! XD This is the besssst.

    I LOVE reading all of these you've done. I am such a fail commenter, but I've read every one and absolutely LOVED all of them. Your creativity just blows me away. You're so insanely creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW CHRISTINE! Thank you!! Your comments always make me happy. ^.^ Lol but don't worry! I'm a fail commenter, too; I neglect to do it all the time. X) hehehe

      Delete
  3. Ahaha, this was hilarious! XD The first line brought a grin to my face, and it didn't leave till the end. It's like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" meets "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *realization dawns* OMG IT IS AHAHAHA! That's amazing. I totally forgot about Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! XD Hehehe I'm always pleased to bring a smile to someone's face! ^.^ :D

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha, Rach you are killing these prompts! This one is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooot!! XD Hahaha awww, thanks!! ^.^ <3

      Delete