Monday, 27 April 2015

W is for...


It's W day today, guys! And the last time I'll be talking about multiple shows in a post this theme, I swear.

W is for Warehouse 13
Network: Syfy
Ran: 2009-2014
Available on Canadian Netflix: No
My Personal Rating: 5/5 stars


THIS IS ANOTHER SHOW THAT I LOVE A LOT I GET REALLY EXCITED WHEN I WATCH IT AND I END UP BOTHERING MY BROTHER A WHOLE LOT WITH MY COUCH-BOUNCING AND SQUEALING!

This show follows Pete and Myka as they are both recruited out of the Secret Service and drafted in as agents of Warehouse 13, a super-ultra-top-secret base in the middle of nowhere. Their task is to find, bag, and tag objects called "artifacts," near-magical items that seem to do great things at first, but always, ALWAYS, have a dangerous downside. They are assisted by their boss, Artie, a perpetual grouch and eventual father figure, and HIS boss, Mrs. Frederic, the utterly mysterious Caretaker of the Warehouse.

This show is super cool and fun and funny, and weaves science fiction into every aspect of history and recent events alike. I would recommend this show to everyone, please do watch. (although....we haven't finished the series yet, so idk how good the ending of it will be....ah well. We can find out together!)

W is for WKRP in Cincinnati
Network: CBS
Ran: 1978-1982
Available on Canadian Netflix: No
My Personal Rating: 5/5 stars
there's an advertisement at the beginning and end of this video: just ignore that.

This show, you guys This show. It is HILARIOUS. Yeah, it's kinda old. But its quite possibly the funniest show I've ever seen. Now, I don't want to build it up too much. Say that this show's humor was a 7, and I marketed it as a 10. If you watched it, you'd be disappointed, and maybe only rate it a 5 or less. That's always my fear whenever I recommend something; that I made it seem TOO good, and that people will go in with their expectations too high. So I'll try not to sing it's praises too much. But I really like it a lot.

The setting is almost exclusively at the aforementioned radio station, WKRP. We have a cast of 8. Three of them are total morons. Four of them can generally keep their heads, but go a little insane sometimes. Only Jennifer can stay above it all. Well, there's like two or three times that she's flustered, but three episodes out of four seasons isn't bad.

I would recommend this show, also, to anyone and everyone. Its funny and cute and quirky, and has great characters. They're mostly morons, yes, but all in different ways from each other, making them all their own unique character. Go watch it! :D

2 comments:

  1. you have to love a good show that makes you bounce on the couch!
    and wkrp was a fave growing up - and funny, i now live in Cinci!
    great post for me to connect with =)
    way to make it to W day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do tend to get quite excited. X)

      I have my dad to thank for introducing me to WKRP. He loves ordering shows off of Amazon. Sometimes they flop, but this one sure didn't! ;D

      Glad you enjoyed the post! Thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete