This linkup party is all about your bookshelf! Who doesn't love to show off that beloved piece of furniture overflowing with glorious glorious books?
She also gave us a prompt, in case we didn't know where to start. Which is always helpful. :)
First off: MY BOOKSHELF!
I'm missing one Klassen book (the colorful books with people's faces on them on the top shelf) that I lent to a friend, and the giant space left near Eon is for Eona, which should arrive in the mail tomorrow!
And then there's also this bookshelf, in the spare room, where we put some of our overflow. I show you this because several of the books on here are mine, or USED to be on my shelf before I replaced them with newer stuff (aka allll of those Nancy Drew books. I don't have room for that!):
Also, the gap on the second shelf from the bottom is for the last two Harry Potter books, which we don't have yet. All the other gaps are just extra space (yay extra space!).
1. If you can, share a picture of your bookshelves (piles of books, boxes of books, anywhere you store your books) or describe the set-up you have. Done that!
2. How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all? I sort my books by height, actually, but I usually keep authors together also. I always keep series together, even if it means messing up the height thing, like THAT ONE PIRATE BOOK IN THE TOP LEFT RAWRGH!! So the height thing is not exact, but I'm please enough with it. :) And on the overflow shelf, it's sorted by what books can fit on the surprisingly small shelves. XD
3. Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business? lol did you SEE that picture? I have notebooks and candles and jars and trinkets and office supplies and an old old Barbie dresser that holds my pens. And then on the shelves themselves, I have some pretty-looking spare bookmarks, and some of my favorite stuffed animals (don't judge me, I'm just sentimental!). And sometimes my cat sits on the overflow shelf. :)
4. What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf? My interests span a wide variety of genres, but it looks like the Fantasy genre and the Historical Romance genre take up most of my limited space. And the overflow shelf just has....everything.
5. Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of? Proud? Well....I don't have any first editions or awesome thrift-shop steals. Although I did get Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children at a second-hand store, and I do love that book. Oh, same with The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes! So those ones, I guess. Also, Monster on the far top left there, because I was a beta reader for that one, and love reading the author's blog. Authoress? Whatever. And maybe Eon, because I almost didn't read it, but I did and really enjoyed it, enough to order the sequel off of Amazon. And on the overflow shelf.....idk. Lotsa classics, there. X)
6. What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf? Currently my shelf has 60 read books, 5 TBR books, three textbooks (which technically count as "read" books), two "read" comic books, a magazine-type-thing from a petstore (don't ask why I kept it, but it has also been "read"), and a drawing how-to book so thin it might as well be a magazine (TBR, since I've only lightly skimmed it). SOOO, final count: 66 "read" things and 6 TBR things. 7 TBR things if you count the book I'll get tmw.
As for the overflow shelf: Oh geez. I can't remember which Nancy Drew books I have or have not read. Hang on...*looks at pictures and counts things*. Ok, on the overflow shelf, 77 have been read by me, and 71 have not been read by me. And only 16 WILL be read by me. And then there's also a little red dictionary in there. X)
7. What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf? Eona comes tomorrow, as I've mentioned like three times, so that's an addition FROM THE FUTURE!!! :O And I just bought Hollow City at Walmart not too long ago (and at a discount! Thanks Walmart!). Aaaannd....OH! lol how could I have forgotten? Sunny just gave me How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You two days ago! ^.^ Thanks again, Sunny!
8. Describe your dream bookshelf setup.Well, a bigger bookshelf, for one thing. I need more space. My dream bookshelf is tall and whitewashed and pretty, and probably wouldn't fit in my room in real life. So my dream bookshelf involves a different dream room, also. In my dream bookshelf, all the books in each series are from THE SAME FREAKING EDITION respectively, so that they're all the same in height and appearance. In my dream bookshelf, I have enough space to keep aaallll of my book on it without laying them on their side to stack them up, and without having to put books in front of other books (an impossible feat for some, but I don't have a thousand personally-owned books). My dream bookshelf is beautiful and flawlessly organized. X)
....Well, I don't have anything else to say about my bookshelf, but...do you see? Do you SEE?? Do you see what kind of awesome ramble-y bragging book-based blog post HAVOC you could wreak with this linkup? Its fun. Do it. We all want to know what your bookshelf looks like! Head over to A Splash of Ink and enrich your life. Or at least your blog. ;)