Tuesday, 21 April 2015

R is for Revolution


Welcome to the only show of this theme that I DON'T like. Urgh. Revolution ran from 2012-2014 on NBC before it got cancelled. And unlike for so many other shows that get cut short; I am neither surprised nor saddened that this show is gone.


warning: spoilers for the first episode in the trailer video

DOESN'T IT HAVE SUCH A GOOD PREMISE?? ISN'T THERE SO MUCH AWESOME POTENTIAL?!?? WHY DID IT SUCK SO HARD?!?!?

I'll tell you why it sucked eggs. Because of freaking Charlie, that's why. Charlie (Charlotte) is possibly the worst character I've ever had the mispleasure of watching pout around on-screen. I don't know if I've ever hated the "hero" of a show as much as I hate her. Any why? Because I'm-20-so-I-know-everything-there-is-to-know-and-I-don't-have-to-listen-to-anyone Charlie IS A COMPLETE MORON. Her stupidity, hardheadedness, and self-righteous attitude costs people their LIVES. People DIE because Charlie refuses to listen to ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that ANYONE has to say. She aaaalways thinks she knows better. She aaaaalways has to do it her own way. I don't think we made it to the third episode before she made us so angry that we stopped watching.

Now, you may be thinking, "Um, two episodes and you're acting like this? Judgemental much?" Well lemme tell ya, my good friend Sunny Smith tried watching this show, too. And she didn't get much farther than we did. I believe she said something along the lines of, "There's only so many times the cool uncle can distract me from her stupidity." Yes, the uncle was cool. Yes, the premise was AMAZING, and the potential for awesomeness was SO HIGH!! But Charlie ruined it all with her blood-boiling annoyingness. 

I can't recommend this show to anyone, not only because I dislike it so much, but because I'm pretty sure it ended on a cliffhanger right before it got cancelled. 

Available on Canadian Netflix: No

P.S. I suppose I should give in to my Canadian nature and apologize to anyone who really liked this show. If there's even any of you out there. Sorry, I guess. 

3 comments:

  1. YES YES YES!!!!

    Every once and awhile the show would redeem itself, but ugh, I couldn't finish it. I'll just go read the spoilers thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also like to say that if you're looking for a dystopian show I would recommend Defiance that's on the Sci-Fy Network. Much more enjoyable:)

      Delete
    2. I looked it up, it sounds cool!! But also a little strange: the show influences it's corresponding online video game (obviously), but the game also influences the show, apparently. Idk how that works, but...ok. XD

      Delete