Wednesday, 15 April 2015

M is for Merlin


*hyperventilating* OMG OK GUYS WE'VE REACHED ONE OF MY FAVORITE FAVORITE SHOWS ARE YOU READY FOR THIS OK GOOD BECAUSE I'M NOT HERE WE GO

TODAYFORTHECHALLENGEICHOSEMERLIN SQUEEEEEEEEE!!

short intro at the beginning of each episode

theme song

Ok. *deep breaths* Merlin was broadcast on BBC One, and ran from 2008 to 2012. My friend Sunny Smith recommended it to me, but at first, I didn't like it. THIS IS IMPORTANT, GUYS!! PAY ATTENTION TO THE FACT THAT I DIDN'T LIKE IT AT FIRST. Because later I gave it a second chance, and It. Was. Everything. This is one of my favorite shows, second only to Psych, which I'll talk about when we reach P. 

I don't care what genre of tv you like: Give this show a chance. Watch the first three episodes, and if you're not interested by then, fine, you're off the hook. But everyone we've ever showed it to (with the exception of one brother-sister duo) has LOVED it.

Um, after singing it's praises, I suppose I should mention what it's about. Basically, a young Merlin (young man, not little boy. But not old man, either) comes to Camelot to be a physician's apprentice. But magic is forbidden under pain of death, and so Merlin has to hide what he can do from everyone, but especially the ruthless King Uther, his asshole son Prince Arthur, and the king's darling ward, Morgana. 

It's just really good please watch it please? Oh, but fair warning: The very very last episode sucks eggs, come read this fanfiction I wrote AFTER AND ONLY ONLY AFTER you watch it, so you'll feel better and have all the answers and conclusions you want. :) But don't let the thought of ONE sucky episode get you down: the show is still SO WORTH your time. :)

Available on Canadian Netflix: Yes

8 comments:

  1. I so so want to watch this show!! Except....well...I didn't fast enough and I know all the ending spoilers. -_- Pinterest is notorious for wrecking things, GAH, but I still will watch it because it also looks so so funny.
    OMG I LOVE PSYCH TOO!! Shawn is the best. xD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've watched show and movies before that had been spoiled for me beforehand, but I still usually enjoy them! And sometimes I get so into the action (or whatever) of the movie that I totally forget the spoiler until it happens. XD Which is always nice. ;D

      OMG YES PSYCH SHAWN GUS DON'T BE THIS CREVICE IN MY ARM THIS IS MY PARTNER LEMONGRASS GOGOLOBE AHAHA! *cough* I mean....yes, isn't it fun?

      Delete
  2. OMG, Merlin I am still not over this show. It's wonderful, I didn't like it at first either, but then I got sucked in and now I get emotional thinking about it. *Run's off to read your fan fiction*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEE read your reply to my fic! hehe thanks again! And yes, I got very very emotional over it, too, but now that I've written my fic, I can just think of that ending instead, and be happy. XD

      Delete
  3. OKAY I KNOW I RECOMMENDED THIS TO YOU, BUT I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED WATCHING IT YET!!!!!!!

    Now, I'm super terrified of all the spoilers. But I will finish it, soon. This summer. For. Sure.

    I had no idea that you liked it so much! I must say I'm feeling pretty good about myself for recommending it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe yes! Finish it quick before things get spoiled! And lol I like most things that you recommend, Sunny! I mean...I think I do. I can't think of any other things you've recommended off hand, except for Hunger Games, and we all know how that turned out. XD But I usually like the same things you like. :D

      Delete
  4. OHMYGOSHMERLIIIIIN!!!!!!! THIS IS MY FAVORITEST SHOW EVAH! EXCEPT THE ENDING DESTROYED ME AND I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME BUT MERLIIIINNNNNN!!!!!!

    *hyperventilates*

    Sorry, I just...my gosh I love this show! And meh bbys Merlin and Arthur. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gives you a paper bag and breathes into one herself* I KNOWWWW MERLIN IS LIKE MY FAVORITE (show AND character!)!! Colin Morgan is adorable and awesome. XD <3 And Bradley James too, of course! ;D

      Delete