Thursday, 9 April 2015

H is for Hawaii 5-0

"Book 'em, Danno!"

Hehe today for the challenge I'm doing another of my favorite shows: Hawaii 5-0!

 




The original show ran from 1968-1980, and it's modern reboot started in 2010 and continues to run. In both, the unflappably magnificent Steve McGarrett, and his cleverly talented right-hand man, Danny "Danno" Williams, head up a special law enforcement task force on Oahu. Along with Chin Ho Kelly, Kono Kalakaua, and others, they kick major butt and hunt down major bad guys (especially Wo Fat, that conniving devil), and they're just really, really cool.

And yes, if you wanted to ask, "Do you like old shows?" I do. I really do. I have the first 8 seasons of the original H50, and we have the first 4 of the new one.



And while I love Jack Lord and James MacArthurAlex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan do a MARVELOUS job of being Steve and Danno. Also, fun fact (for me, anyway): Scott Caan's dad is also an actor, and starred alongside them in an episode of H50! I find this a fun fact, not only because of the familial ties, but also because I remember James Caan from a movie with John Wayne that my brother and I loved. Ah, the days of my childhood. XD

If you like procedural cop dramas with attitude and humor, definitely try this show! You'd probably enjoy the new one more, unless you really like old shows (like me!).

Available on Canadian Netflix: No to both

No comments:

Post a Comment