Wednesday, 8 April 2015

G is for Grimm


Today, for the A-Z Challenge, I chose one of my favorite shows: Grimm.



YOU GUYS I LOVE THIS SHOW!! Its so good! Its clever and a little bit creepy, but SO COOL. It focuses on Det. Nick Burkhardt, who discovers that he is a "Grimm"; someone who can see the monsters within people, and who is tasked to fight the evil ones. It's a great twist on the original Grimm fairytales, and often opens the episodes with a quote from the corresponding story, or a story with a similar creature.

You will, if not fall in love with, at least root hard for the characters. My OTP is part of this show (and it's not Nick and his girlfriend, although they're cute). And as you watch, you're always hoping, waiting, "Will they tell their friend so-and-so about Nick's gift, and the unbelievable 'fairytale' world that's always secretly around them? How long will it take so-and-so to believe them? Will so-and-so lose their mind first?"

Watch and find out! Don't watch with young children (it can be scary! and also, very occasionally, gross. Blood and guts and whatnot.). You don't need to be too afraid, though. I'm a very, very easily scared person, but this show isn't nightmare-inducing. It's just EPIC.


Also, David Giuntoli is really hot. *COUGHSPUTTER* I mean WHAT? WHAT DID I SAY? I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING YOU'RE A CRAZY PERSON SHUSH.

Available on Canadian Netflix: No

6 comments:

  1. I've seen bits and pieces of Grimm. I like shows like this. I just don;t have time for TV much.

    Stephen Tremp
    an A-Z Cohost
    @StephenTremp on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. That's the good thing about having them on dvd, though (as we do)! Then you can sneak an episode whenever you have free time, as opposed to being chained to your tv so you don't miss anything. XD

      Delete
  2. I watched the pilot and the second (or maybe third?) episode when it first came out, but never really got into it. I do however remember it being REALLY creepy, but in a good way, lol.

    Good for you for posting everyday in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe thanks! And we could lend you the first season once you're done Person of Interest, if you want. ;)

      Delete
  3. I saw the first season and LOVED it, bought the second, but still have yet to watch it. Don't know why though :-b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the second one, too, when you get to it! :D

      Delete