Thursday, 2 April 2015

B is for Boy Meets World


Another blast from the past today (expect that a lot)! Not quite as far in the past as my last post, though.

Today for the A - Z April Blogging Challenge, I chose Boy Meets World, which ran from 1993-2000. I haven't seen that much of the show, but there were other "B" shows I could've chosen that I've seen even less of, so I went with this one. Plus, it's such a fun show!


I chose the theme from season 1. The theme changed over the years as the actors, the characters, and the show grew.

The show follows Cory, Shawn, Eric, Topanga (and other, more minor characters, like a little sister I can't remember the name of) from the sixth grade through to college. It's mostly laughs, but with some heartfelt and even sad moments, especially as the characters get older and have more adult problems.

We only own the first season of this show, but I've seen episodes here and there from...possibly ALL of the other seasons. I used to watch it with my friend Beth, and she'd show me all her favorite episodes.

This lighthearted comedy staple of the 90's was popular enough to merit a reboot. Girl Meets World started airing in July of 2014, and follows Cory's daughter Riley through her teen years (and probably beyond, if they go the way of the original show).

And.....yeah, that's all. It's hard to wax poetic about a show you haven't seen a lot of/haven't seen in a long time. X)

Available on Canadian Netflix: No

2 comments:

  1. This was such a great show. I didn't see all of it either, but my husband and I count Girl Meets World as one of our guilty pleasures these days. They did such a fantastic job of capturing the tone and charm of Boy Meets World, even though the setting and the protagonist have completely changed. You should check into the show if you enjoyed the first season of Boy Meets World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I was looking up when Girl Meets World started, I though it looked pretty interesting! I might give it a go...! ;)

      Thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete