Sunday, 19 April 2015

777 Writing Tag

The lovely Christine Smith over at Musings of an Elf tagged me for this super fun, super easy tag! I'm squeezing it in between all the April Blogging Challenge posts!

Basically, the rules are thus:

Go to page 7 of your WIP
Scroll down to line 7
Share the next 7 lines in a blog post.

Easy-peasy, right? We assume that "line" means "sentence," otherwise you get cut off in the middle of stuff. But that could be funny/interesting, too!

My WIP is some book about Elves and Ogres and cloud cities and mad scientists and dispelling fantasy stereotypes, and I've torn it to bits and re-plotted it like 5 times. I've never really named any of the versions, but my working title as of now is Something of Stars, and even THAT sounds vague. Oh well. XD

Here are my 7 sentences!

(This is the picture I always use for Rolf. Idk where it came from, or if it's truly the "right" picture for him. But meh.)

What exactly was his purpose here beyond mere curiosity?

  Swallowing a trembling breath, Rolf eased up the latch. It was unlocked? The door obeyed his gentle tug and swung open without so much as a whisper. Perhaps they had oiled it to keep from disturbing the king.


  More footsteps sounded, these ones coming instead of going. Without thinking, Rolf ducked inside the room and closed the door behind him as quickly and silently as he could. 


You know what? Just for kicks....I'll do 7 LINES also, just to see what it's like:

gentle tug and swung open without so much as a whisper. Perhaps they had oiled it to keep from disturbing the king.

More footsteps sounded, these ones coming instead of going. Without thinking, Rolf ducked inside the room and closed the door behind him as quickly and silently as he could.

Rolf leaned close to the door and tried to quiet his breathing as he listened to the footfalls. Two men, by the sound of their feet. Closer and closer they came, and then--!

Stopped. 


Lol not so bad! It does cut off the first half of that one sentence, but otherwise, it works! 

Thanks again for tagging me, Christine! This was fun! :D

As for my nominations, I tag EVERYONE! As per usual. ^.^ My excuse is that idk who would care to participate in this or any tag, and I hate tagging the same people over and over. I feel like a nag. :P

Enjoy this tag, all interested parties!


4 comments:

  1. You did it, yaaaay!

    First of all, your story sounds amaziiiiiing! Elves and ogres and cloud cities and fantasy goodness? That's like everything I love all right there! *flails*

    Secondly, YOUR WRITING. Just from those few lines I can tell you have some serious talent, girl! This is GOOD. And it landed on a perfect spot. So suspenseful.

    I like that you tried 7 actual lines. XD The rules were confusing because I did think it'd cut off in lines, but yours worked! So fun!

    Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you joined in! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe fantasy is my favorite genre, tho I might try and branch out into writing other genres, just to see how I do?

      And EEEEEEEE Thank you SO MUCH!! ^.^ I usually really hate anything I write in a rough draft (and I've never gotten PAST a rough draft) sooo,,,,,,its super duper nice when I receive praise. ^.^ <3 hehehe.

      I'm glad I joined in, too! :D

      Delete
  2. Fantasy is the best, I mean elves and ogres what is better than that. A great snippet leaves me intrigued and wanting more. I want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww THAAAANKS!!! ^.^ There's every chance that this story will go the way of all the others, and remain forever unfinished, buuut my pride MAY get the best of me this time, and I might struggle all the way to the end. XD Hehe thanks for the feedback! :D

      Delete