Monday, 12 January 2015

Spoiler-Free Review of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

So, I went to see the abovementioned movie today with my parents and two of my cousins. My thoughts on this movie can be summed up in this letter:

Dear Peter Jackson,

Daaaaaang, son! Ya got MAD SKILLZ.

Holla at 'cha,
Rachel W.



~but also this letter~



Dear Peter Jackson,

You are a butt, sir.

Disdainfully yours,
Rachel W.



But go see this movie, seriously (if you've seen the first two Hobbits, that is. Seeing the Lord of the Rings wouldn't hurt either). You'll laugh, you'll sob, you'll cry out "Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he??" in a Dudley Dursley voice, and you'll curse the day you ever clapped eyes on the books/movies of this gorgeous series.

Now excuse me please, I must go reevaluate my existence. 


7 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the best and most concise reviews I have read in a very long while. I applaud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Heather. This sums it up quite well, with perfect gif usage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, thanks guys! I just didn't have the mental presence to go off on a huge tangent. And also I didn't want to create spoilers. XD Also also, thanks for popping by, Alyssa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This is hilarious. xD I haven't seen it yet, but I'll probably wait until it comes out on dvd because I'm a poor hobbit and also I have a demanding puppy. xD But so glad it was good though. OF COURSE IT'S GOOD THOUGH. IT'S TOLKIEN. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to buy the dvd when it comes out, also. AND the extended version dvd when it comes out, so idk why we don't just WAIT. but meh. *shrugs* XD Ugh MIDDLE EARTH I LOVE YOU AND WILL VISIT YOU OFTEN. <3 XD

      Delete
  5. I love those letters! BEST REVIEW EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! *bows magnanimously* XD

      Delete