Monday, 8 December 2014

Saving the Kingdom

Small moment of excitement here, guys: I FINISHED MY GAME.

Haha I was stuck (or rather, convinced myself I was stuck) at the second-to-last boss battle in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, buuuuut after watching a really great, quick Youtube tutorial on how to do it, I couldn't stop thinking about trying it again. So I DID, and I beat both bosses (hey, alliteration), and now I'm HAPPYYY!

Fawful, the second-last boss
It's always such a great feeling to accomplish something, and for me, it's an especially great feeling to COMPLETELY finish a video game!
You see, though I game quite a bit, I don't usually finish the games, or if I do, I'm able to GET UP TO the final boss, but not defeat him. Around here we still consider that completed. In my dad's words; "I got here, I did everything I needed to do, and I had fun doing it. I tried, and I lost. Oh well. The kingdom is doomed."
The Dark Star, the Final Boss
And sometimes, putting the game away and calling it finished is for the best. But it's just a really nice feeling to beat that sucker. XD

I made a list (I freaking love lists like you don't even know) of all the games I'd ever finished, and specified whether or not I'd defeated the final boss (don't look at me like I'm a freak, I just like to be able to see an idea or problem as a whole and on paper/computer, rather than chasing the fragments around my mind) and it turns out that of all the game's I've finished, I've defeated the final boss on most of them!

It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, slaying bad guys. XD Also, Final Bosses are usually tough as nails and hair-pullingly frustrating, so it's really satisfying to see him (or her) explode in a ball of light, or collapse to the ground, or whatever defeated bad guys do in the game you're playing. And HEAVEN FORBID they have another form.


Then it's just rage-quit time.

P.S. Yes, I know it's obnoxious to put a "p.s." in your own blog post. Shush. *stuffs you under the couch* I just wanted to post the tutorial vid I watched. Not that you guys need it, or are necessarily interested. I just wanted to show you what the battles looked like for this game, just for fun. :D


Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo! Yay! You finished the game! I'm so proud of you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe thanks! I'm proud of me, too. X) ^.^ <3

      Delete