Thursday, 4 December 2014

One Lovely Blog and Blogger Recognition Awards

The lovely Heather nominated me for not one, but TWO awards recently! That was so nice of her, wasn't it? I thought so. :)

As the awards are rather short, I thought I'd do what other nominees for these awards have done, and just lump them together in one lovely recognition post. ^.^ lol see what I did there? No? Oh well. On to the awards!


The Rules:
 Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
 List the rules and display the award.
 Add 7 facts about yourself.
 Nominate 15 other bloggers.
 Follow on blogger the person who nominated you


Let's see, seven facts about me . . . .


  1. My favorite color is red
  2. 1/4 of my blood is Scottish, so I love mostly everything Scottish
  3. I love tea, but really only one brand of it
  4. I watch probably too much tv/play too many video games to be healthy
  5. I love organizing and organization with a deep and abiding passion
  6. I took tap dancing classes for two years, and am now taking Irish dancing classes
  7. My family consists of me, my dad, my mom, my younger bro, and one cat





The Rules:
 Thank the person who nominated you.
 Leave a link to their page.
 Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
 Nominate 15 other bloggers
 Notify your nominees by email or comment


How I started blogging, hmm? Well. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sunny, but my first blogging experience was my third of Super Hyper Human Beings, was it not? I think so.

Let me explain.

SuperHyperHumanBeings was a blog that Sunny, our friend Lizzy, and I started way back in February of 2010. As the name may imply, it was a blog of UTTER RANDOMNESS. We blogged about everything and abso-freaking-lutely NOTHING. Somehow we still got 27 followers (three of them were us). We also blogged under pseudonyms. I was Dakota Densmore. None of us have been on that blog in over a year now, but if you wanna go back and laugh at us, you can. 

Anyway, it was a super-duper fun blog, and low-stress/responsibility. since there were three of us blogging whenever we felt like it. Looking back, we probably did everything you shouldn't do on a blog, but meh. It was awesome. XD

Things grew from there for me. I think I've had three other blogs before this one? None of them lasted very long, but I have high hopes for this one. ;)

As for tips? LOL. Just have fun. Read a lot of other blogs. Find a niche for your posts, and sprinkle your life among the pixels. You do you. XD


And that's it for the awards! Now, for nominations . . . 15 nominees?!? ARE YOU KLEENEX CURLY? *coughhack* sorry, that's a quote from an oldoldold MadLib. The real sentence was "are you people crazy???" and whenever I feel that sentiment, the MadLib sentence comes to mind. Anyway, no. I don't think I have 15 nominees. And anyway, I feel like I just nominated a bunch of people recently. I don't like nominating the same people again and again. Not because I don't like them! It just feels intrusive and annoying. 
SO! Here's what I'll do: All of my followers! Yes! You! All of you! You're all nominated!! And anyone else who may be reading my blog and feeling like doing this. You're nominated too!! Is this a massive cheat? Yes. Do I care? *snort* heh. 

Now, don't be skittish and think (like I would), "Oh, they don't mean me. I don't even know them. No way are they nominating ME for this award. They didn't say my name. I can't just assume that I can take this award, that's selfish and creepery. They might think I'm some sort of attention-seeking stalker, or something." 

STOP THAT. I nominated EVERYONE!! Put it on your blog! Pass it on! Draw traffic! And I don't mean go out into the road with a sketchpad. Bring people to your blog! Tell the world about yourself! Be amazing! Take the award. This award is rated 'E,' for 'Everyone.'

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! I'm gonna repost!! Thanks, Rachel! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!! :D hehe no problem. X) <3

      Delete