Monday, 20 October 2014

The Perfect Conditions, and Nanowrimo!

Its fall. It's raining, I'm drinking hot chocolate, and I'm writing. 
Essentially the perfect day? Yes. 

In other news, week 6 of the 100 for 100 challenge starts today! I'm doing good, I've only missed one day so far (in which I only wrote 15 words). 
If you're not doing it this time around, I beg you. . . do it next time. You won't regret it. And if you ARE currently doing it, or have done it before, tell me: what do you think? Is it fun? Is it helpful? Have you ever completed it?

In that same vein (ew, veins), Nano is fast approaching, isn't it? For those of you who might not know, Nano is short for Nanowrimo, which is short for National Novel Writing Month. Except its not just national: it's international! For writers. Non-writers wouldn't really care that they could enter a community of people dedicated to writing 50,000 words over the month of November, now would they?

No, they wouldn't.

This will be my second year attempting to write 1,667 words a day for a month. Last year I dropped out after *checks* ten days. Whoops! This year I hope to do a little bit better, if ONLY a little. ;)

My plot could probably stand to be fleshed out a bit more, as I don't know what all I want to happen during the main body of my story. I mean, I have a few plot points mapped out, but I don't know how long they'll take, how my MC's will get there, what will happen to them along the way, etc. etc. I don't outline things too strictly, because my characters never listen. But maybe they'd listen if they actually knew where they needed to be? 

Ah, well, anyway. In the 11 days before Nano starts, I might get a bit more plotting done. Or I might just pants my way through the majority of the contest. Either I finish or I don't. 

This time around, though, I have a better basis for my story, so I feel good about it. ;)


OH ALSO!!! If you're doing Nano, we can be buddies!! :D You can find me HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment