Thursday, 23 October 2014

The Liebster Award!

My dear friend Sunny over at A Splash of Ink was nominated for the ever-circulating Liebster Award, and in turn, nominated me! Awww thanks Sunny! ^.^

So, the questions:

1. How do you define success when it comes to your blog? Followers? Comments? Money (hey, it could happen)?
Hmm....! Success for me is probably my ability to make an interesting post. Hehe. I really love comments, because I like to see what others thought of my post. And of course, followers are AWESOMESAUCE too! So basically all of those, yes. X)


2. Do you have a day job? If so, what is it?
I worked as a grocery cashier for a little over a year, then resigned to focus on school. So you could say my "day job" is being a student. ;)


3. If you could blog full-time (make enough income from it) would you? Why or why not?
Probably definitely! Haha, working from home, in my pajamas, with a cup of tea? Sounds like utter perfection to me.


4. Do you always buy books from certain authors? Who?
Yeah, there are a few authors I'll almost always buy the work of, regardless of genre. X) lol These authors include Wayne Thomas Batson, Donita K. Paul, Julie Klassen, M.L. Tyndall......Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. X)


5. Do you feel the need to finish a series? Why or why not?
Only if I liked the first one! If it was "meh" or "bleh", then I won't (don't kill me, but I felt that way about The Hunger Games. I was NOT prepared for the plot of that story. Kids forced to kill each other for sport? I literally felt sick after reading it, and did NOT read the next two books. But I have watched and will watch the movies, LOL). If I liked the first book, yes, I do feel somewhat compelled to read the rest.


6. Do you write reviews for everything you read? Why or why not?
I've only written one review in my life. I'll write more eventually, but for EVERYTHING? No. There's just not enough time for that!


7. What is your absolute favorite book blog? No, yours doesn’t count. Why is it so fabulous?
Ummm.....! Well, I don't follow a whooole lot of book blogs (I'm new). BUT! My fave would probably be Go Teen Writers. Its written by actual published authors (one of whom is Jill Williamson, and I love her books), and always has helpful hints, tips, and contests!


8. Hardcover, mass market paperback, trade paperback, or e-book? Discuss.
I don't know the difference between the two paperbacks...but real books beat e-books every time! X)


9. How many books do you own (let’s exclude ebooks for brevity)? A rough estimate is fine. Don’t go counting them all.
How many do I own personally? Not many, most of our books are just shared property. If you're asking how many books are in our house, probably 1000.


10. How do you feel about cover reveals? Do you participate? Visit blogs participating? Why or why not?
*goes and looks up what a cover reveal is* I'm extremely indifferent. XD


11. What is your absolute favorite book of all time? Pick one. Yes, I know it’s hard.
*groans and wails and flops around* Umm....err....uhh....OOO! Probably The Hiding Place, the biography of Corrie ten Boom. You're like, "Really? A biography?" Well, it's not just boring facts, ok? It's a true story about a lady and her family that helped Jews during WW2 and wound up in a concentration camp because of it. It's probably the only book in my life that I've read like 7 times. If you want something other than a biography, probably.....The Redemption by M.L. Tyndall or The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Batson.


OK! So, now it's time to nominate other blogs, yes? Well, I don't know a whole lot of other blogs. :S But guess what? The ones I DO know are great! So here are my nominations:

Cait at The Notebook Sisters

Imogen Elvis at Gossiping with Dragons

Christine Smith at Musings of an Elf

I'm sure you guys have been nominated before, so.....sorry if this is an inconvenience. X) Lol have fun!





12 comments:

  1. Wow I'm impressed with your speediness in replying! Wow, 1000 books in your house. I can actually see that (although video games/movies might rival that number, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, it was exciting! X) and yes....many many books.....and equal numbers of games/movies. XD

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I like Corrie ten Boom's biography too - very sad, but not at all boring! :-)

    And yes, GO TEEN WRITERS is definitely one of the best blogs ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!? :D and WOOT GTW! hehe. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. I love comments too! I think it's awesome you picked a biography for your favorite book. I couldn't answer that question. Yikes! I guess that's why I keep a tally of favorites on Goodreads--so I never have to pick just one. =)

    Unleashing the Dreamworld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd be able to, either, but then I saw it on my shelf and thought, "That's the one!!"
      Goodreads!! :D I should get back into Goodreads....!

      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your answers. You're so fun! XD

    And you nominated me? I'm so honored! THANK YOU!!! I have done it a few times though and with NaNo coming up I've got my plate full, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to it, but I still feel so special you chose me to pass it on to. You're so sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? *goes and looks back to see what I wrote* hehe thanks! ^.^

      awww no problem! :D I love your blog! And don't worry too much, it won't offend me in the least if you don't have time to do it. X) lol

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for nominating me! You made my day. I don't know when I'll get around to posting about this on my blog (it usually takes me a while), but I really appreciate it. Also, The Hiding Place is an amazing book, isn't it? I read it a few years ago and I still remember so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^.^ no problem! :D and YES, isn't it?!? It actually makes me cry every time I read it. X)

      Delete
  6. Awww, thanks for the tag!! I'm not really a series finisher either. Although I DO want to know what happens...I just get sidetracked by other shiny newer things. X) I was really into Wayne Thomas Batson's fantasy books when I was younger. Like The Door Within?! Omg, I was so addicted. xD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yeah, it's just a matter of, "does my curiosity outweigh my distaste?" X) aaahhhh the Door Within. I'm going to have to read that again soon! X)

      Delete