Tuesday, 21 October 2014

My TBR Pile (Just Keeps Getting Bigger)

There's a lot of books in my house that I haven't read. A LAWT of books, like, you have no idea. And  as a book lover, it's kind of a shameful point for me.
So, I grabbed the ones that looked the best and made a to-be-read pile. I...*cough*...haven't really made a dent in it, BUT! at least they're there for when I DO.

From the top to the bottom:

  1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (started)
  2. Deryni Rising by Katherine Kurtz (started)
  3. Deryni Checkmate by Katherine Kurtz
  4. High Deryni by Katherine Kurtz
  5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  6. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  7. Northanger Abby by Jane Austen
  8. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  9. Emma by Jane Austen
  10. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  11. Monster Slayers by Lukas Ritter
  12. Like Gold Refined by Janette Oke
  13. Eon by Alison Goodman
  14. Starlighter by Bryan Davis
  15. Ghost by Wayne Thomas Batson
  16. Sword in the Stars by Wayne Thomas Batson
  17. The Errant King by Wayne Thomas Batson
Now, these are not in the order that I'm going to read them. They're in the order of size. P&P is only at the top because I've already started it (by the way, the BBC P&P mini series from way back? Did an EPIC EPIC job of quoting directly from the source material. I love that series....!)

Anyway, not to be a hipster, but you've probably never heard of the Deryni series. That's ok, neither have I. They were my mom's books from years ago, and once upon a time she suggested them to me. I read the first book and liked it, but never ended up reading the rest of the series. So, I'm trying again (its about an age-old wizard war, and it's full of betrayal and death. It's awesome!).

I'm going to read the Jane Austen books because, duh, Jane Austen! 

The rest of the books (well, not #12) have been sitting on my brother's bookshelf for years, so I thought I'd finally get around to at least IDENTIFYING what I want to read first. I think part of the reason it took me so long to get around to (and is still taking me so long!) is because if Ian doesn't say DAD I LOVED THAT BOOK BUY THE NEXT ONE IN THE SERIES, dad won't buy the next one in the series when it comes out, so we have a lot of first-of-a-trilogy books. 

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wayne Thomas Batson's books, and so obviously I want to read those ones, and Bryan Davis is the master at coming up with intricate plots. 
Aaaand, the last books of TWO SEPARATE WAYNE THOMAS BATSON (yes, I have to call him by his full name every time) TRILOGIES ARE OUT SO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!! I sense a lot of books will be under the Christmas tree this year. ;)

Well. I'm sure that's quite enough rambling for now. I have things to do, and hopefully reading will be one of them!

What books are in YOUR tbr pile?

4 comments:

  1. When you have a name that flows so beautifully as Wayne Thomas Batson's, you just have to use the full thing every time. His books are so amazing, aren't they? I won an ARC Dreamtreaders once, and oh it was so good! And Jane Austen. She's awesome just for being Jane Austen. I think the mini-series is definitely the best adaptation I've seen so far. I have lots of books on my TBR read list, but I never remember what they are until I go look! I should make a stack somewhere at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I find that I tend to do that with most famous to semi-famous people. He's not Robert or Downey, he's Robert Downey Jr. He's not Neil or Harris, he's Neil Patrick Harris. Every time. X)
      I WANT TO READ DREAMTREADERS! Aaand basically every other book that he's ever written, ever.
      I LOVE LISTS, AND STACKS ARE LIKE 3D LISTS!! YOU SHOULD MAKE A STACK! XD

      Delete
  2. Oooo! Jane Austen! I keep bragging that I've read Pride and Prejudice, and I can honestly recommend it. It was really good:)

    Also, you have to tell me how Outlander is if you get around to reading it any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's why I started with that one! ;D I haven't gotten too far in it though; been too distracted. XD

      Ok! It was actually mom's book, she said it had some sexually graphic scenes, but.....what can ya do? X)

      Delete