Friday, 10 October 2014

Book List -- Matthew Squeakly

You might have missed my List of Every Book I Can Remember Starting. So, there it is. Also, here is the first post from that list. Now, onto the second! Yay sequence!

So, this is another book that I wrote when I was very young. I will say 8. As usual, I don't know (as we go along, you'll notice that's a recurring theme, me not knowing). This time, it's a book about a young mouse (yes, mouse), who is normal for the most part, but has exciting adventures! Sigh.

It was written (and illustrated, of course) on a little notepad; you know, the kind with the red waxy stuff on top that holds the pages loosely until you want to tear one off? Yes. Bad idea, I was always having to tape the pages together so I wouldn't lose them.

WAIT STOP PANIC (AT THE DISCO)!! I can't find it???? OHMAHGAWSH I CAN'T FIND THE ORIGINAL NOTEBOOK NOOOOOOOO!!! :O *searches high and low* awww man. I could swear I saw them (I can't find #3 from the list either) just recently...! 

Oh well, I guess. I'll just give you the gist of it.

Basically, Matthew Squeakly, your typical school-age mouse, and his friend ssffrrrtthhb....something, fart around at school, then foil some thieves by boarding up their hiding place while they're still inside, do more stuff at school, AND THEN IT'S MATTHEW'S BIRTHDAY and he gets a sword that was handed down in the family for generations?
And that's where 7-year-old me got stuck. *cough* yeah.
I think writing a book about an animal was inspired by Redwall? We had some cartoons of it when we were younger (best movies ever btw).

Anyway. I have nothing more to say on this subject. This post would have been longer if I'd been able to find the book, I could have given it to you verbatim. :( Oh well.

This has been Silly Stories with Rach. Tune in next time to hear Rach say,
"I STILL CAN'T FIND THEM DADBLAMMIT"

(on a happier note, this has been the 26th consecutive day I've completed for the 100 for 100 challenge! Go me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment