Saturday, 20 September 2014

Welcome, and a Bit About Me

Hello! And welcome to this, my blog. My outlet for all things writerly and otherwise random. I shall be posting here with my own interpretation of "regularity," but for the time being, lets just start with some basic information, yes?

First off, I should tell you a bit about myself. My name is Rachel, I live in Canada, and I am an aspiring teen writer. 


I've been writing books my entire life, usually (but not always) in the fantasy genre. I actually made a list of all the books I can remember writing (more on that list--and my love of lists in general--later). There were 20 that I could remember. That didn't seem like a lot, until I remembered that I'm only 19 years old, and there tends to be months in between my writerly bouts. So yeah. Maybe that still doesn't seem like a lot to you, but take comfort in the fact that I KNOW I'm forgetting some. 

I made this blog because, recently, I've felt like I needed a place to put my thoughts on writing, even if it's just a short observation on plotting versus pantsing, or a two-page long rant on how my characters are JUST NOT BEHAVING THEMSELVES GET OUT OF THAT TREE WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!?!!


Ahem.


So yes, this blog will basically be a sporadic glimpse into my mind and my storyworlds. Even if no one ever reads this blog, even if posting here is just a SHOUT INTO THE VOID (The Fault in Our Stars reference whoops), I think I'll have fun posting here. If you're seeing this, well then . . . I hope you have fun reading it, too. 

4 comments:

  1. lol Rach, I love that your back to blogging:P I missed reading your blogging/writing voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! Thanks!! ^.^ I was looking at SHHB a while ago, and it was really humorous. XD

      Delete
  2. Your blog is just a delight to read! I went through all of your posts but probably 'My first story' has got to be my favourite, maybe because it reminded me of the very first story I wrote!

    Kathie K
    http://climbingthroughtomorrow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! :D And haha, we writers start early, don't we? ;) Thanks for stopping by! And following!!! :D

      Delete